8 Principles of Business Development Success: Mindset, Focus and Cadence
Just some ramblings from our recent conversations with recruitment leaders around the topic of sales and business development…
- Create your Own Recovery
- Swap pessimism for opportunism
- V shaped return even in a U shape – Capitalise on the new market share
- Create the change you want to be / Rapid fire evolution.
Control the Controllables
- Avoid the distractions
- Move from “difficult” to “different”.
- Reposition yourselves – strategic partners, not transactional suppliers
Design your New Normal
- What do we want our new normal to be after this?
- Don’t let paralysis set in / Re-engineer the way you work now
- Think – easy to buy, easy to use, hard to get rid of (sticky)
- Only work on the top 3 core drivers – nothing else matters
- Meeting, Meeting, Meetings
- Interviews, Interviews, Interviews
- Profit – Good business only / maintain margins
Low Hanging Fruit 1st
- We are spending too long looking for new opportunities – opportunities sitting right in front of us.
- Existing customers
- Dormant customers
- Network maps – who knows who?
Go where the market is going – look at the trends, where is the market going?
- Who will lose because of Covid? Pivot away from.
- Who will stagnate because of Covid? Develop a maintenance programme
- Who will win because of Covid? Target with all you have!
- Turn non-customers into customers – create and align products to their tomorrow’s needs
- We have been stopped, started continuously for the past 7 months, and will continue to be.
- When everyone else stops and starts, the winners are those who keep the momentum going.
- Create a rhythm, get a daily cadence of minimum activity, weekly cadence of minimum standards.
- No excuses!
- Set Weekly Baselines and work in 90 day sprints
- Activity levels up and above pre-covid times
Pipeline, pipeline, pipeline
- Who on earth said stop selling?!!!
- No-one – just adapt how you do it.
- Make sales strategic – a mapped out and well defined, end to end process
- Make sales consultative – sell solutions, with products sitting behind them
- Align and measure marketing impact on sales… or stop doing it!
Access the complete toolkit to help you with all of the above (and more) at TRNWorld – it’s free to join!